So, I get home from class.
I'm tired.
I'm hoping to find some sort of cheesy movie (i.e. The Cutting Edge, Muriel's Wedding, Center Stage) which The Oxygen Network usually provides.
but no.
I get the one-two emotional punch of a double feature of Before Women had Wings and The Accused.
Child Abuse and Rape. oy.
Some of you might not be aware of the former feature, a decade old television movie featuring Ellen Barkin, (who I think is beyond underrated. See: Drop Dead Gorgeous) with Julia Stiles and Tina Majorino as the daughters she abuses; (with a hairbrush!) and no less than Oprah as the kindly neighbor-woman who yells " oh you poor baby!" a lot.
Seriously, this is melodrama at its zenith.
Then, just when I think I can't take anymore, Jodie Foster gets raped and belittled before my very eyes.
(and please try to process that Kelly McGillis was given top billing)
whew. maybe I need to stick to Lifetime movies.
