
So, I said I wasn't going to- but I did. Last night I saw the new movie version of Charlotte's Web. I wasn't expecting much. I figured they would change it; ruin it. (See: How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey.) We all grew up loving the 1973 cartoon version. (A Fair...is a veritble Smorgesboard; orgesboard; orgesboard etc) I mean really, who needs Oprah we have Agnes Moorehead?!? I just knew Julia Roberts' voice wasn't right. Dakota Fanning would clearly be all wrong; and there would no songs! Kids: I stand corrected. I fully admit it, here on the blog: I loved it. It was so cute. It was completely faithful to the book. The piglet was adorable. Steve Buscemi made a great Templeton the rat. Julia Roberts was really quite good. Dakota Fanning was tolerable; heck; even the presence of Oprah couldn't tear this one down! And yes...when Charlotte died; after writing "HUMBLE" in the web...I totally cried. Go Ahead. Judge me.
-Leighthal
-Leighthal

