Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Matchbox of My Own...

So, as Kevin hinted- I have signed a lease. As of September, I'm on my own! Having never lived on my own before I have some general concerns. Will I like it? Will I be lonely? Will I still want to watch all of those SVU reruns? All in all, I am very excited! The apartment is lovely. The bad news is: I am not allowed to have a dog. Due the insanity of the rental market, I gave up on finding a pet friendly apartment. This, dear readers, leaves me with quite the conundrum. Do I ignore my desire for furry companionship and get some fish? Or, do I go against everything I stand for and attempt to love...
a cat? As many of you know, I have been in charge of a cat all summer, and despite the fact that it goes against every fiber in my being, I'm kind of attached to the little furball. To me, owning a cat as a single woman makes me one step away from decorating in the style of Laura Ashley and taping Cathy cartoons to the fridge. But I want a pet! Could I learn to love...one of these?

1 comment:

Courtney Russell said...

if you get a cat we are done.