Monday, October 08, 2007

My AC is on right now. In October.

Ahh, Columbus Day.
A weekend for picking apples and pumpkins. A weekend for watching the leaves change color.
Or; you know; a weekend to go to Jones Beach. Lifeguards were on duty, the concessions were open. It felt more like July. It also made me feel really bad about about owning an SUV and ever using an aerosol can... but I digress. Aside from having a beach date w/Kate (complete with random homecoming parades and Happy Ending Sundaes) there were many other events going on this weekend. I had the pleasure of attending the grand opening gala for Coquette. If you are in NY, I highly recommend that you trek to Garden City and check out this amazing clothing boutique owned by my friend Lisa. I already want to buy half the store. She has immaculate taste. I really wish I had digital pictures of my prom, because if you all could see the dress she made (out of a shower curtain) you'd be jumping on the LIRR at this very moment. Go Buy Things.
Yesterday the residents of 720 Fulton St and I attended a screening of Margot at the Wedding at the New York Film Festival. The last time I was at a proper film festival was the Berlinale in 2002, so I was quite excited. The film was good, the celebrities were plentiful (Willam Dafoe, Pheobe Cates) but the truly strange part was sitting ten feet away from Nicole Kidman. It is disarming to be that close to someone so famous and her hair model/country crooner of a husband. She really is that skinny by the way...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear that you saw that robot at the NYFF!!! Terrifying.

Also, enjoy coming down to DC - It is October 17, and easily in the 80s.

-g.rab