The woman who was one half of one of the best scenes ever captured on film has died, and I think that's worth noting. Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster rolling around in the surf. Incredible. I'm sure you've all seen the scene, but really, netflix the whole film. I remember watching it in high school film class and thinking it was the most romantic thing I had ever seen. In fact there have even been homages to it on this very blog. I also have a connection to Deborah Kerr because at the ripe old age of 14, my theatre counselor thought it wise for me to prepare her monologue from "Tea and Sympathy" ( in which I was portraying a teacher's wife carrying on a torrid affair with her husband's possibly gay underaged student.) If you're thinking "Leigh, that is bizarre" Then I say to you, look what the Iconis brothers hath wrought . Anyway, I can still recite parts of the monologue.
Thank you Deborah Kerr; beaches will never be the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment