Thursday, December 27, 2007

"And on the tree all the ornaments go/Tinsel will cover where the branches don't grow"- Aimee Mann

Did everyone have a nice Christmas? I did. I hope you all did, too. It was a great chance to sit at home, hang out with my family, and eat champagne sorbet. No, really. I'm serious. My aunt made champagne sorbet. It was COLOSSAL. I ate so much of it that I got kind of trashed. In my defense, though, it's scarily delicious. By the time I'd consumed my bodyweight in it, there was, like, an inch of melted 'pagne on my plate. I felt so fucking classy.

Let's see. What else happened? Last night, I saw There Will Be Blood, which is the best movie of the year. (Leigh and I are toying with doing our own Top Ten lists this year- Thoughts? I know I did one last year, but it's funner if we both do it, right?) It's absolutely insane and gorgeous and maddening and powerful and ambitious and... Yeah. Go see it. It's baffling. It can drink my milkshake anytime.

Next order of business: Does anyone know how late the Associated on Greene and Clinton is open? I need lettuce and cheese.

Many of you may know my dear friend Kate Jacobs, who recently moved to Philadelphia with her gentleman companion to live the sweet life. Well, she has a blog, and you should read it, as it's insightful and awesome.

I famously love The Gossip, and I famously loathe George Michael. So the idea of The Gossip covering a George Michael songs sounds like it should be just kind of neutral, right? Well, no. One awesome and one hideous made a fucking great. Behold:


I miss Project Runway. When's it back with new episodes? If you know, leave comments.

Joan Kors,
KEVIN xoxo

No comments: