I'm still in the process of trying to ween myself off of the addictive teat of current events. And I'll get there soon, I promise-- The "Martha"fication of my mind is taking place, I can promise you that... Mmmm, cumin.... But in the meantime, old habits die hard:
*Uncle Kracker made his speech from New Orleans last night. Thank GOD I missed it (I was at The Stones, trying to detox on 90-year old rock gods and gyrating Jersey trash), but I caught enough of it to know that for this douchebag to stand in the middle of the still-deserted city that he fully allowed to fall to ruins and make promiseless, vacuous statements should incite mass riots and the recall he so richly deserves. If it happened to Gray Davis...
*John Roberts is the Dakota Fanning-esque face of evil. He doesn't blink. He doesn't answer questions. We know that he must do SOMETHING. I'm petrified to find out what it is, because obviously, we'll all find out too late.
Once again, please forgive me and/or try your best to tolerate me as the changing tides of global events batter me into the grumpiest mood possible. If it wasn't for Renee Zellweger's divorce, I wouldn't have anything to cheer me up at all.
KEVIN.
