
Dolly Rebecca Parton, the greatest songwriter in the history of the effin' universe and probably the only reason I don't renounce America forever and move to Norway, turns 61 years HOT today. That's SIXTY ONE frickin' years that she's been making the world a more musical place with her angelic pipes and robust titties. We here at Kevin & Leigh's Sexy-Ass Blog salute this musical icon, who has inspired not only generations of performers to dream big, but has also inspired a certain chubby mid-20's gay Brooklynite to see the world as a more beautiful, deliriously promising place.
Dolly's been in the spotlight more than usual in the last few months since She Who Must Not Be Named fucked up "9 to 5" during DP's Kennedy Center Honors presentation. Luckily, Dolly is the most unflappable professional of all time and issued the following quote:
"Jessica is so talented that I'm sure that someday they will be paying tribute to her and I would be honored to perform for her. But I'll probably be so nervous that I'll forget my wig!"
How classy is this god damn woman?! Amazing. Anyway, this year has also been pretty Dollytastic, since I got to spend a day this past August in Dollywood, or as I like to call it "Church." Let's just say that somewhere between the Chasing Rainbows Museum and the bald eagle sanctuary, I became a better man, and I thank Dolly for the privilege. (Also, I never ride roller coasters- I HATE roller coasters- but I did it for Dolly. Oy.)
Dolly, we love you. Here's to 61 more years of your genius and beauty.
xoxo (like, times a thousand!!)
KEVIN.
PS- For funsies, click here to see my post re: Dolly's 60th last year!
