Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Love Don't Live Here Anymore


I Heart D.C.

So, I'm in New York. But I'm vaguely depressed. The sight of my room this morning was enough to make me want to break out into a lone chorus of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"Last night I spent one last evening with the kids, and you would think that a bucket of tater tots and a pint of Miller Lite would have cheered me- but alas; 'twas a temporary fix.
By the time Laura and Paul walked me home I was a hugging, crying, mess. I can't wait to see what New York has in store for me, but I know one thing- I won't be seeing this when I walk out the door at night- and that's worth being a little sad over:

1 comment:

Jen said...

LEIGH!

i can only say that NY better be freakin ON ITS GAME now that you're back in town! (that looks weird to me. do we not say that in English? on the ball? what verb does one use with 'game' other than 'got'??)

anywho. just wanted to give you a shout out and tell you i'm thinking of you and the FUN FUN time we're going to have this summer when i see you at HOME IN NY.

xoxo

ps. download "running on sunshine" by jesus jackson to cheer yourself up because 1. it's a good pumping up kind of song, and 2. the guy's name is jesus. TOO good.