#3- CHRISTINA APPLEGATE
I'm addicted to her like: Poppers.
I don't know what seals the deal more- the fact that she's the most gifted star from another medium to come to Broadway maybe ever, or the fact that people seems to genuinely dislike her. I mean, Denzel? Fuck off. Billy Crystal? Blow me, jerkwad. This chick RULES, and she is totally the real deal. I can't even imagine how many times I clutched or punched poor Mike, who sat next to me and absorbed all my excess appreciation. She sings like a pro, she dances like a dream, and she builds such a CHARACTER. Anyone who doesn't love her, or tries to give the Tony to anyone else can just die. For true.
#2- 70's Soft Piano Rock
I'm addicted to it like: Box Wine.
This is specifically referring to Laura Nyro, who I discovered when our friend Princess gave Kate a CD for her birthday. She wrote "Wedding Bell Blues," so I have no idea why she's not on Mount Rushmore or better. That's SO much better than freeing the slaves, or fathering children by them, or whatever those guys did who are on it now. Anyway- She rocks. "Sweet Blindness" is pure 70's easy listening magic. This has led me back to Carole King, of course, which has led me back to memories of summer night spent grass-high in the back of a VW van. Oh... Wait. I wasn't even born in the 70's. GOD DAMN FUCKIN TIMELINES.
#1- The Season Finale of Lost
I'm addicted to it like: Coffee
Coffee. Yes, coffee. It's like a jolt of caffeinated elecricity. This show has redefined "cliffhanger," by not only leaving and deepening the existing mysteries, but adding new ones!! So if I'm ever stranded on a mysterious island, I'll know to watch out for baby-snatching French weirdos, invisible monsters that may or may not make noises similar to ferris wheels, and sinister fishermen who want to steal my magical black baby. All this and Bob Marley references. No wonder I've been glued (literally... ow) to the ABC message boards since Wednesday. OH ALSO- If anyone has any ideas about the significance of the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42, let me knoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
So that's my life right now. Hopefully, I'll resolve some of the above issues this weekend. Not likely. ABC's re-broadcasting the Lost finale, and "Big Spender" is bound to come on my iPod's truffle shuffle. Oy. Oh well.
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment