Sunday, May 08, 2005

Long Oy-land.

Hey everybody!!

I know that this blog has gotten the shit end of the stick in recent days/weeks, but busy things are going down! Leigh, my "esteemed" colleague, has been finishing classes, getting kick-ass grades, and surviving Sinko Day My-Oh while working in a TexMex restaurant! Quiet please: There's a lady onstage.

So having just come back from Long Island (where Mother's Day was a quiet riot), I ca HONESTLY say that suburbia is hilarious. I was left to my own devices in the Roosevelt Field Mall (heaven on earth) for two hours, and I ended up with a khaki blazer (cool!), and the following:
So I'm walking by Restoration Hardware, sipping an iced coffee, when I turn, see a woman (early 50's, about 170 pounds, deep facial wrinkles, ashy-dry black hair piled in curls on her head, not a stitch on makeup on yet immaculate nails) in a chocolate brown Juicy track suit. I lock eyes with this woman and let out an Ettannani-style "OOF!" I actually verbally reacted to this woman. I was sooooo embarrassed (largely for Restoration Hardware's sake) and scampered off in search of jeans.

Song of the Day- "Fit But You Know It"by The Streets

Other concepts of the day:
-Now I went through my Liz Phair phase (as did we all), but when you come down to it, she's nothing more than a pretty girl who can play guitar KINDA well. I mean, she wears heels in concerts. I'm concerned about this.
-Greyhounds are probably the coolest dogs ever.
-I bet I'd love Barbados.
-This past week's SNL was one of the worst ever. Even Donatella Versace seemed tired.

OK, off to watch TV with The Coolor (my new name for Kate... ya know, cuz she leaves me feeling chilled... and a little bit Baldwin. Yeah, baby! BALDWIN!)

Kevin :-)

No comments: