Joe Iconis, Joe Iconis, Joe Iconis.
I have survived the world's first encounter with the fully-formed Black Suits (Joe's brilliante musical about a Long Island garage band), and let me tell you: IT IS AWESOME. OH MY GOD. Everything went sooooo well, the show was received with laughter (from all) and tears (from me), and Thank Jeebus, I got it all on iPod.
Literally, this is so good that it makes my forehead sweaty. I'm listening to it right now (bless my wonderful iPod!), and it's this part where they go to a tuxedo place to get black suits to play in, and a character just told them not to say "Fuck," because it's too "fragrant" a word. Shit, I love this show.
Also, dining with the Iconises, the Maddocks, some scant Manganaros, and ANNIE GOLDEN is... Well, it's... Wow. Bless This Mess is all I can say. Despite all of Annie Golden's skullduggery, my favorite part of the evening must be when Wee Iconis bellowed at an unable-to-hear Flora Bonano, "STRAWBERRIES, I SAID! I HATE STRAWBERRIES! HATE 'EM! STRAWBERRIES!" If you don't know Wee Iconis, call me and I'll do an impression.
KEVIN :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment