In the mind of Kevin Manganaro, frought with body image issues and cartoon daisies, summer has always been four long months of ennui. I mean, when one is a beach paton, one is expected to show some skin. And a GAY male beach patron? Forget it. Field Six is all I have to say. But not I. I'm too demure (read: self-conscious... Can I play it off as old-fasioned girlishness? Nah. That stops being cute when you're nearing the big 2-4). But Summer '05 is going to be a BALLS OUT summer. I am going to the beach as often as possible (Montauk, preferably... aahh, sweet sandy privilege), and I will fucking love it. SUMMER ANTHEM! WHOO!
Anyway, yes Leigh... The Killers rule. Brendan Flowers is, I think, the best frontman since Jagger. He's ALL SEX. I mean... G'DAMN, lord knows the flaming little nypmh-like sprite of a boy behind me had enough trouble keeping it in his pants during the Summerstage blowout. BFlow (as I plan to rename him) is just like... The hottest. He is Mr. Sex.
Leigh and I would like to take a moment to tip our hats to the great Anne Bancroft, whose passing will always add an extra touch of pathos to our favorite ABanc (sigh, it doesn't work for everyone) vehicle, Jodie Foster's brilliant "Home For The Holidays." I may be wrong, but I think it's the first movie that combined my love of outlandish wigs with my love of the word "Cocksucker" heatedly delivered after one has been slathered in turkey. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Oh gosh- TDI Karaoke: Part Deux/TDI Karaoke Strikes Back swings for the fences starting tomorrow at 8:00. I'm not sure if Sara Fitzpopstar is going to pry herself away from thirsty boozehounds (Not that I would know anything about such persons), but Matt "The Voice" Kupchin may... just may... have.... something... to offer.... :-)
MUST-SEE ITEM OF THE DAY: Liza Minnelli singing "We Are The Champions" as part of a Freddie Mercury tribute that aired on Ovation this past weekend. It's... uuumm.... Fangs.
El Deseo presento,
KEVIN :-)
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment