Tuesday, July 05, 2005

3 Day Weekends are THE BEST

Not sure how everyone else celebrated our independence, but I chose to spend my weekend drowning in mimosas. SIDEBAR: while watching Labyrinth I realized just how scary David Bowie's package is when presented in a unitard. No amount of muppets, not even Jennifer Connelly's eyebrows can distract from it, tis Truly terrifying. Goblin King indeed.
Last night, after the most traditional 4th of July EVER (baseball game+ BBQ complete with wiffleball and Bocce) as I was sitting on the mall and watching fireworks over the Washington monument and listening to the NSO with Gloria Estefan,I was hearing those around me say things like "beautiful" and "amazing" and I was thinking, "I miss Henry street" I'm sorry. I don't think any 4th of July will ever be better than being on a Brooklyn rooftop and truly appreciating New York. (shout out to Bobby DeNiro for the downtown fireworks extravaganza of '03. Thanks.) Also I can't even wait to see Fatal Attraction, the ocean or my dogs. Speaking of Labyrinths, can you please picture Kevin and I traipsing around Versailles? Ohhh. We're totally going to need matching parasols....

No comments: