Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I Listen To The Songs The Whole World Sings

So Here's 25 from MY ipod. First I feel the need to address something my title reminded me of...which is that my high school music teacher attended John Denver's Funeral. ( I realize that I was usuing a Barry Manilow title, but somehow the two are the same in my mind) Random and true. Ok, here goes...

1. "Farewell Ride" Beck
I'm a huge fan of this album. Yeah, I jumped on that bandwagon.

2. "All Kinds of Time" Fountains of Wayne
This is prob. my least favorite song on this album. It's a bit whiney. Also forgetting the lyrics to your own song while live on stage will def not endear me to your band.

3. "I'm Real" Jennifer Lopez feat. Ja Rule
Part of me would like to lie and say this song wasn't on my ipod. However anyone who attended college with me knows that Leigh + 4-6 fermented beverages+this song=magic.

4. "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" Ben Folds Five
I Love this album. Its a good thing Ben Folds is good on this own or I'd be mad this group no longer exists.

4. "Justify My Love" Madonna
Ok, anyone could have seen that coming

5. "Eskimo" Damien Rice
Senisitive men singing. My speciality.

6. "Like a Feather" Nikka Costa
The first time I heard this song Mike and I were on our first playdate to Jones beach.

7. "Shooting Star" Elliot Smith
See number 5.

8. "Hammer to Fall" Queen
Does anyone else's ipod develop obsessions? Mine does...

9. "Have a Nice Day" Sterophonics
mmm. The Entire NOW 49: UK Edition is PERFECT

10. "Summertime" Miles Davis
Yeah. Typical study music.

11. "Romeo" Basement Jaxx
I have not heard this song in a good 3 years.

12. "Smile Like You Mean It" The Killers
Ok, wait, this is becoming a good list! My ipod is never this cooperative

13. "I'm Your Destiny" Edna's Goldfish
Long Island Ska. Yeah high school!

14. "My Sharona" The Knack
Dirty,Dirty Song.

15. "Slave" Weezer
Haven't heard this in awhile either...

16. "A Hard Day's Night" The Beatles
I am my mother's daughter.

17. "Fire" Jimi Hendrix
One of 3 Cds I had while driving across Ireland.

18. "Silent Night" John Denver & The Muppets
well, now hes just mad at me for equating him with Barry Manilow.

19. "Parallel Universe" Red Hot Chilli Peppers
fantastic driving music.

20. "Laura" Scissor Sisters
Thank you kevin!

21. "Rock Your Body" Justin Timberlake.
yummy.

22. "Never Know" Jack Johnson
I need to make my way through this album I guess.

23. "Una Musica Brutal" Gotan Project
Argentinian Trendiness!

24. "Heavy Things" Phish
I equate this song with living in a trailer. And that's not a bad thing.

25. "The Answer" Joe Iconis
Well, there you go. What an appropriate ending. I'm fairly certian that when I finally see this song performed live I'm going to burst into tears for varying reasons. Joe might be an absentee friend, but he can write songs!