I love the Golden Globes. They're so fun and silly and ridiculous- Except when they award gay cowboys. THEN, they have a righteous fury, which was the case at Monday night's awards. As you may or may not be able to see coming, BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN is shaping up not only for a Best Picture win (which is starting to look reeeeeeeeeeally inevitable), but also for the coveted Trannie Award (hint, hint). Anyway, kudos to that wonderful, groundbreaking film and everyone associated with it.
Now on to what really matters.
Best Dressed- The cast of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
Felicity Huffman excepted, I'm 100% over this show (which has actually gotten toxicly homophobic and racist this season... which is Just. So. Odd.), but I do want to give a shout-out to Teri Hatcher, Marcia Cross, Trannie Huffman, Eva Longoria and even Nicolette "Linebacker" Sheridan for all managing to look good on the same night- which is a feat that they've never acheived before. (Sure, Eva's disgusting extensions almost cost them this slot, but cmon... They looked damn glam.)
Honorable Mentions: Zhang Ziyi, Keira Knightley, Laura Linney, Michelle Williams.
The Connie & Carla Award- Geena Davis and Emma Thompson
When two ex-Oscar winners come to an awards show fully dressed as drag queens- biological men in outlandish costumes, barely concealing their testes- then you know that this really is 'The Year of the Queer' in Hollywood.
Worst Dressed- Cynthia Nixon
I adore her more than words, but... Eeeepp. Wow. I mean... Wow.
Dishonorable Mentions: Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Jessica Parker, Rachel Weisz.
