Sunday, January 20, 2008

And You Thought Hannah Montana was a Hot Ticket



Ladies and germs- the zeitgeist of Joe Iconis has reached a fever pitch. After selling out a four-show run, he had to add a midnight show on Sat, to meet fan demand. Like he is Miley Cyrus.It appears there are two Joes. First, there is the Joe Iconis with whom I share the more-than-occasional drink. The Joe Iconis who loves my parents' dog.The Joe Iconis who communicates almost exclusively via text message. Our friend Joe. And then there is JOE ICONIS-winner of awards, singer of songs, pied-piper of musical theatre- leading a band of teenage white girls 'round the interwebs. I mean, we have always loved Joe. Now we have to share him. With five sold out shows worth of people. It's fantastic! I mean, the breadth of his wikipedia article alone is rather impressive. But then you add in the reviews. And the Youtube videos. And the girl who almost pushed me down the stairs of the theatre last night screaming "I WAS IN LINE TO SEE JOE BEFORE YOU!!!" It's crazy like a fox. I said to Kevin that I think we are fast becoming"The Liv Tyler to his Christina Applegate's ex-husband". It's not that we haven't seen this coming since, oh 1989. Maybe it's because I was out of town for years, who knows. It's just that last night, it was right in front of me. And it's a delight.

No comments: