Monday, January 10, 2005

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

So the Aniston-Pitts are calling it quits after four and a half years. This makes me feel two things: Sadness and Rage. First, Sadness. I liked them. And I know they were Hollywood's golden couple and all that shit, but I just liked them a lot because sometimes I think he's SO hot, but most of the time I just can't be bothered. Similarly, I sometimes find Jennifer Aniston randomly talented (Especially Rock Star... "You did great, babe!"), but most of the time, I just can't be bothered. That's a cool balance for a couple to strike. So I liked them.

But now they're done, which brings me to the crux of this posting... RAGE. People are trying to blame Angelina Jolie?!?!?!? Oh my GOD. I mean... I will climb down off my high horse and KICK THE SHIT from anyone who tries to villify Angelina Jolie in the divorce between two vapid, self-absorbed people. Yes, Angelina Jolie is hot. And Yes, I know that there are rumors circulating that they had phone sex (BTW... If anyone can procure me a tape of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie having phone sex, I WILL pay up to $50), but I'm sure Brad Pitt's had phone sex with LOTS of people, right? Whatever. I can see where this is headed. The Daily News has already billed her as "notorious man-eater Angelina Jolie" or something like that. I feel that it's at least appropriate to say "notorious man-eating Oscar-winner Angelina Jolie" OR better yet "notorious weirdo Angelina Jolie." Shaes of Eddie Fisher-Liz Taylor-Debbie Reynolds. But god as my witness, I will stand by Angelina Jolie, traecheotomy or no.

Also, who else thinks that Jennifer Aniston is gonna go crawling back to Tate Donovan?

No comments: