Monday, January 17, 2005

LESS BALLS AND MORE ELECTRIC CARS

--OR, a summation of a weekend spent with dear souls in DC--

So I'm freshly back from our nation's cappie, where I saw Mike and my fellow blogger Leigh. Pretty chill times were had by all, proving definitively that low-key weekends rule my school. Bush is getting inagurated again on Thursday and DC is prepping for this DISGRACE by being really, really cold. And so Big Ups go to Mike, Leigh, Mara, Priscilla, and Nate for putting up with my sexy freeloading. Also, Laurel Jacobsen is an all-time track star. Keep brave faces this week, guys. It's only our lives and the future of our nation. No biggie, right?? Heh heh.

Items:
(1) Did Natalie Portman win a Golden Globe? Because if so, my life has been cut short by about 4 years, not counting the 2 hours I spent watching her anemic performance.

(2) My new nickname is Lukewarm Rosie.

(3) During the aforementioned inauguration, the fine (?) state of Oklahoma is being reprented in the parade by a... (and this is taken verbatim from a pamphlet publicizing the event)... A touch of ear draft mule hitch. If anyone can explain to me what this diarrhea of nouns (which Mike dubbed "free association" means), please do so. Otherwise, stay tuned for a full report after this debacle goes down.

(4) So Kate and I are watching the Tsunami relief telethon from this past weekend, and HOLY SHIT is it good/campy/boring. So Renee Zellweger comes on, mousy brown hair and 76 pounds. She says, "Sometimes, the most desperate areas are the ones hardest to reach." Does anyone else think she was having a Sideways moment of talking about herself??

Later, guys. I have to put Gloria Estefan's cover of "Everlating Love" on my iPod before the ride to work tomorrow. NIGHT!

Kevin :-)

No comments: