Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Fear and Loathing in The District

Ok, So mounted police have been up and down my block 3 times since I bothered to pull up my shades. That cannot be a good sign. Luckily, Mara and I have stumbled on to anti-inauguration activities; including funeral marches w/cajun bands and demonstrations by anarchist cheerleaders. Three cheers for protesters! I am actually quite afraid of Thursday to be honest. Mostly, I'm afraid of the line at Starbucks.
Also, it was lovely having my fellow blogger and his better half here this weekend. I haven't had that much fun without drowning my liver in a gallon of vodka in quite some time now. I mean really, who can't have a good time when Ben's Chili Bowl is involved?
Ok, so i need to respond to Kevin for a moment. I'm not sure Natalie Portman was golden-globe worthy; but I did not hate that movie. I was kind of into the overdone campy dialogue. How you can one hate something that provides the following Clive/Julia exchange:
Larry: Was it good? What's he taste like?
Anna: He tastes like you but sweeter!
Larry: Thank you, thank you for honesty. Now fuck off and die, you miserable old slag!
I also like it because it made me say "hmmm...boyfriend? not so much anymore"
Thats just this girl's opinion ofcourse. (which is clearly tainted by the fact that I would watch Jude Law read the phone book for two hours. Provided it was done in boxer-briefs ofcourse)
mmm. Jude Law.
ok, well on that happy thought I have to go read Psychology. Leathal. Out.



No comments: