Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Downfall of American Civilization is a Bunny Named Buster

OK, now I have been calmly on hiatus; but leave it to the federal governemnt to enrage me so much as to make me need to blog whilst I am in the middle of suffering through the god dann flu (which, btws, is horrid. and I ALWAYS get a flu shot. argh)
Anyway, I turn on the news and Charlie Gibson is telling me about the anniversary of the liberation of Auswitz, and about all the genocide in Cambodia and Bosnia and Rwanda, how evil the world is. But I was resigned to that long ago. Then he has to go and tell me that the new secretary of education made PBS pull an episode of "Postcards from Buster" because while traveling to Vermont to learn about maple syrup, Buster encounters a Lesbian couple raising children.
ABC news then brought up Spongebob and some long time offenders such as Bert & Ernie and Tinky Winky.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!
We just finishing touching on genocide; and the next most pressing issue in the country is a cartoon's encouter w/some lesbians?
Seriously, how do we live in this country? Nevermind the fact the preschoolers can't even navigate the concept of sexual identity. I'm more concerned with the fact that that No Child Left Behind is one of the most ambitious and yet vastly underfunded pieces of legislation in American history. We don't have the money to properly fund American Schools, and our new secretary of educations big battle is with an animated bunny rabbit??? Where does Bush pull these people from, Gerry Falwells rolodex??? I just can't take it.
Sorry to get serious, I jsut needed to get that off my chest. (which is ridden with fever and influenza) so i'm going back to bed...

No comments: