Thursday, February 03, 2005

Taxi Cab Confessions

The pearls of wisdom which came from my cabbie at 7:30 this morning were near endless. He was tlaking about the state of the union, and social security and I said that Bush feels like he needs to accomplish something; to have a legacy. To which he replies: He already did that he "accomplsihed" killing hundreds of soldiers in Iraq.
and he was talking about the Iraqi woman embracing the woman who lost her son, and he said it was a cheap trick that played with people's emotions. "not just because of that- but I was a soldier in Vietnam, and I lost a child. and no one wins from situations like that"
On the lighter side...
Sadly, it looks as though I will not be becoming Mrs. Michael Ettannani in Las Vegas. Apparently sham vegas weddings only end in debt and tax problems. Such a shame, as I was really looking foward to working the phrase "I hate being labeled a divorcee" into common conversation.
Also, Tom Jones and the re-incarnation of Studio54 are in the same hotel. There's a stellar evening all in one place.
(our hotel features knights of the round table and australian strippers. same difference)


No comments: