So what, we're having a blizzard? OY. Fun. Poor Leigh Somerville flies into NY, gives the 2005 Oscar telecast a touch of class, and then may be stranded here, buried in 6-10 inches of hell? That's SO not cool. But I'm glad she did come. As you'll see below, we had a full Sunday.
So the Oscars have come and gone again. The day after Oscar Day always leaves me feeling empty and spoiled. This year is even moreso, based on my abject disappreciation for Million Dollar Baby, winner of 4 Academy Awards. I mean, I think it totally sucks when the whole world latches on to something and you think it's just total bullshit (Now I know how my dear Paul Wontorek feels about Sideways). Largely though, I think Hillary Swank winning a second Academy Award is probably one of the worst feelings I've ever had in my body. This was a GREAT year for leading actresses. Some of my favorites include Uma Thurman, Kate Winslet, Imelda Staunton, Nicole Kidman (people who don't like Birth are stupid), Scarlett Johansson, Lindsay Lohan (Yes for Mean Girls and No I'm not kidding), and of course Annette Bening. So for Hillary Swank, the queen of getting off on playing one-dimensional, self-righteous victims, to win a SECOND OSCAR (Honestly, she has like the lamest career ever.... The Affair of the Necklace, The Core) is a complete "FUCK OFF" to complicated, empowering female characters. And if I were an actress in Hollywood (any day now....), I would be FURIOUS. It's a complete disgrace, and honestly, I don't think I've ever hated someone I don't know the way I hate Hillary Swank (SIDEBAR: Someone keeps trying to tell me that her name has one "L," but if it was two on CNN, that's good enough for me). And you just KNOW that she'll be back. You just KNOW that she's gonna pull this shit again a few years from now. Who knows? Maybe she'll end up with like 10 Oscars. Surely, there must be some more victims she can exploit.
Also, I'm more tired today than I think I've ever been. In my efforts to be a good bedmate to Leigh, I think I got a total of 15 solid minutes. I'm the walking dead. I'm Clint Eastwood's mother. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
OK I'm gonna go home and try to catch some more glimpses of Cate Blanchett's STUNNING Oscar gown on those evening entertainment shows (also notable was Charlize Theron in some CRAZY couture masterpiece).
Mike and I practiced Oscar speeches today. We're so ready to win. Costume Design in 2011!!
Have a good night.
5-time Best Director snubee KEVIN :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment