Ok, So Kevin gets Dan Cassaro and Steve Chang (whom I'm sure were perfectly lovely individuals) and who do Mike and I get? Yet another run-in with Sean Murphy. Now, Ive seen this kid a good 6 times since moving to DC, once with Mike in tow.( I should qualify this by saying we were at the Irish Times circa 2:45 am, which clearly means everyone involved was drunky McDrunkerson and cranky due to lack of available pancakes)
Me: Hi Sean!
Sean: MARY KATE! WHAT IS UP? DO YOU LIVE HERE???
Mike: Uh, Hey
Sean : BUUUUDDYY!!! (slaps Mike in the left ear) MAN!
at this point, we ran in fear. I should mention however that prior to seeing the ghost of 4th grade, it had been a lovely evening filled vodka, pool, and a rare and welcome appearance by the gayrab's roomate. (who's off to save the world from corporate greed in PERU this summer! Yay Nate!) In other news, I realize that many of the important men in my life are gay. Mara may have convinced me to go to an Indigo Girls concert next week, and I might have just secured seats to see Margaret Cho. Please, I even tried to marry one in Vegas. However- I DO NOT need mail from gay dating services!!!! "Options" jsut sent me a questionaire to "find that special someone." It claimed to know I "needed help on the alternative dating scene" which includes a personality profile with statements such as "I dress to please myself and not others", "I am not publicly affectionate" and "I find cultual events boring"Um, If I were a lesbian I would clearly be able to get a date without expressing my preferences for designer jeans. Damn you Human Rights Campagin for selling your mailing list...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment