Wednesday, March 09, 2005

"Our daughter has become my accomplice in infanticide."

I just typed the above line to Katie McGrath. AHH, ANOTHER DAY IN THE OFFICE.

So Mike and Leigh are back from The Vegas, Joe's in the midst of career turmoil, Kate's rehearsin' like a Tazmanian Devil, and what am I doing? Where's mine? Well, I'll tell you. I've discovered my life's mission (like a ye olde crusade)... To make people stop being mean to Amy Fisher.

OK, so I'm eating my Cheerios, fixin my hair and getting ready for work this morning, and what's on TV, but "Oprah After The Show" on Oxygen. She's interviewing Amy Fisher, and OH MY GOD, I didn't realize that Oprah's audience had such cruelty towards Amy Fisher!! Like... One woman stood up, and she said, "I don't believe that you were some innocent creature that was tricked into letting this man into your bedroom. This was your deliberate choice." And then even Oprah herself got pissy at Amy Fisher when she said that there were parts of the shooting that she doesn't remember. Oprah was like, "You wrote a book, and now you don't want to talk about it? NO FREE CAR FOR YOU." OK, so the last part is a contruct of my imagination, I'm pretty sure. But still... Do people not see Joey Butafuocco as the bad guy anymore? I guess that this stopped being a case of this bad guy victimizing an impressionable young girl, who in turn lashes out to vitimize someone else? Fucking Oprah. Joe's right. She IS a bad person.

I want to talk about "The Starlet," but I don't think I have the strength right now.

KEVIN :-)

No comments: