Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Shame on you, Lifetime!

Ok. So last night, I'm doing my exercises for my broken back, watching some newlyweds. Along comes a preview for a new production from Lifetime. Now, like all good TV watchers I support cheesy melodrama on occasion. In the words of my mother "Oh my god, I totally got sucked in to a lifetime movie!" Anyway, usually I'm all for Meredith Baxter-Birney/Anne Jillian/Kelli Martin's battle to overcome cancer/kiddnapping/rape/a cheating spouse/poverty/ general woman-in-peril-ness. However- even I have my breaking points with recycled plot lines. This movie starred Jane Krawkowski and someone I did not recognize as a mother and daughter battling to overcome the issue of teen pregnancy. and it was called "Mom at Sixteen" Now, Televison for Women may have pulled the wool over some eyes, but not mine! Hello! This story is sounding eerily like the Park Overall/Kirsten Dunst vehicle "Fifteen and Pregnant". The titles are even similar! Not cool. Is Lifetime suddenly in the business of creating homages to itself?!? Now, you might be thinking I am pathetic for making this connection. I swear I don't watch that much lifetime... besides...The Managarock/Wilkinsex household TOTALLY owns "Fifteen and Pregnant" on DVD. I had to bring it up.

No comments: