Thursday, December 16, 2004

attack of the killer...ladybugs?

Sometime this week Mara found a ladybug on her bed. Upon which I laughed and helped her set it free. (One doesn't kill ladybugs. They are too aesthetically pleasing to deserve death)A ladybug! How amusing! Then this morning, I find a ladybug on my pillow. Now, I'm sure it's cold out and the ladybugs are just looking for somewhere warm and cozy to hang out- but still...ladybugs? of all the creepy-crawly things that could be lurking in a hundred year old rowhouse; this is not what I was expecting. I like to picture them scampering around in pairs marveling at our decor.
*please note* kevin would like me to ensure you that I am infact discussing insects; and not the late 80s movie about a cross-dressing soccer player starring the late rodney dangerfield and Jonathan Brandis, of "Seaquest:DSV" fame. WAIT! Jonathan Brandis is dead too! WAIT...maybe the ghosts of B-List celebrities are haunting my apartment??? ooooh. Luther Vandross, I'm on to your game!
Ok, well Kate Wilkinson has just reminded me that ladybugs are good luck, and therefore "it's like her house is full of really nice fortune cookies"
well good. I feel better now...

No comments: